Sphene is a freelancing Gem who was once apart of the Crystal Gems. However, 2,000 years after the battle for Earth was over, Sphene split off from the group to start her own adventures on the planet, leaving Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Garnet, and Pearl.
Along with the rest of the current team, Sphene is one the last surviving Gems on Earth who joined the Crystal Gems in their rebellion against the Gem Homeworld, stopping their invasion of the planet. She also has no knowledge of Rose Quartz's sacrifice, or her son, Steven. Sphene is very vibrant and bright, though she can be a bit hardheaded at times. She travels the world in search of adventure, and meets others along the way who join her in the process.
Sphene possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shape-shifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- None as of yet.
- Pyrokinesis: Sphene appears to have an immense control over fire and heated matter. Her dominance over the ability is powerful enough that she's able to birth a mini star into existence simply out of sheer willpower and perseverance. The star was so bright, however, that she had to dispel it immediately.
- Flight: Sphene has the innate ability to use her control over fire to propel her upwards into the air. She can maintain her distance from the ground with little bursts of flames that flare around her feet and keep her in the air. These flames are blue, compared to her usual red-orange colored flames. She is quite fast in the air, previously able to travel to homeworld in back in a half a year or less.
- Fire Generation
- Fire Constructs
- Heat Absorption/Expulsion
- Fire Augmentation
- Sword Proficiency:
- Twin Broadswords
- Tiger Hook Swords
- Polearm Proficiency
- Blunt Weapo Proficiency
- Sphene was known as Titanite back on Homeworld.
- Sphene's choice of weaponry seems to stem from Asian culture.