"Sadie Miller" is a supporting character in Steven Universe, and is a clerk at the Big Donut. She made her debut in the Pilot. She's supportive of Steven and his adventures, if only to make Lars angry.
Sadie is a clerk at the Big Donut and the co-worker of Lars. She is friends with Steven and enjoys his comebacks. Although she is friends with Lars, she doesn't like it when he makes fun of Steven. She's sweet, friendly and reserved, mature and kind spirited, which can sometimes leave her at disadvantage. She also values her job greatly, and is as professional as can be.
As shown in "So Many Birthdays" and "Island Adventure" she is physically capable of protecting herself and loved ones if needed, if not rather violent at times, even if she doesn't mean to.
Sadie has a crush on Lars, as confirmed in "Joking Victim". At times Lars can be a jerk to Sadie and be lazy, snobbish and rude towards her. In "Island Adventure", he kissed and cuddled with Sadie. Though the two constantly go through a love/hate relationship (Steven once called them "married" in the episode "Coach Steven") they are shown to be good friends and are almost always seen doing things together as shown in the episode "Tiger Millionaire" at the end of "Steven and the Stevens" at the Beach-a-Palooza, and watching the play together put on by Steven and Jamie in "Historical Friction". In "Sadie's Song", Sadie panics about performing at Beach-a-Palooza when she sees Lars in the audience.
Lars is seen to get jealous over Sadie, as in "Horro Club" when he attempts to one-up Ronaldo Fryman after he is seen "flirting" with Sadie - hinting towards him starting to return Sadie's crush.
Sadie thinks of Steven as a close friend, almost acting like a sister, even considering their age difference, she encourages his ideas and tries to help him in any way possible as seen in "Watermelon Steven" where she supports Steven's watermelon business. Even though she doesn't exactly understand his life situation, specifically related to magic and the Gems, she does her best to support him and she even knows about his mother's sacrifice, as seen in "Lion 3: Straight to Video" where she rushes to help Steven see a video of Rose.
Barbara Miller is Sadie's mother. It is revealed that she cares deeply for her daughter, Sadie, as it is seen in "Lion 3: Straight to Video" that she still packs lunches for her every day. The two care a lot for each other, though Barb tends to treat Sadie as a baby, which doesn't please her.
"Sadie's Song" however, focuses a bit more on their relationship, revealing that Sadie does not feel entirely comfortable with her mother around, due to her overbearing support over everything, taking every of Sadie's interests to a level where Sadie isn't really willing to go, such as making her performance as bold as possible, despite Sadie's wants. However, Sadie has explained this to her mom and it is assumed that she is working to get this under control.
Sadie officially meets him in "Horror Club". She treats him as a good friend, while Lars is jealous of their friendship; Which could also be because they weren't very nice to each other in their childhood.
- Fishing Skills: As of Island Adventure, Sadie has become very skilled in the art of fishing. She has fished for Steven and Lars when they got stuck on the island and was able to fight the Invisible Gem Monster with her skills to protect Lars.
Sadie is short and heavyset, with curly blonde hair. She acquired a small facial scar in the episode "Island Adventure". She works at the Big Donut, so she's usually seen wearing the uniform. Her uniform consists of a periwinkle polo underneath a purple shirt, which is displaying the Big Donut logo (a half-eaten donut). She wears black leggings and pink-red shoes. Her casual outfit is a dull pink jacket, green shirt, black leggings and pink-red shoes. In "Island Adventure", she wore a black shirt, then a few days later, she wore Lars's shirt that has a snake picture on it.
- "Joking Victim"
- "Coach Steven"
- "Island Adventure"
- "Horror Club"
- "Gem Glow"
- "Laser Light Cannon" (non-speaking cameo)
- "Cat Fingers"
- "Bubble Buddies"
- "Tiger Millionaire"
- "So Many Birthdays"
- "Rose's Room" (room's magic)
- "Mirror Gem"
- "Ocean Gem"
- "Watermelon Steven"
- "Lion 3: Straight to Video"
- "Alone Together"
- "Future Vision"
- "Marble Madness" (mentioned)
- "Shirt Club"
- "Say Uncle" (non-speaking cameo)
- "Political Power"
- "The Return (non-speaking cameo)
- "Sadie's Song"
- "Full Disclosure" (non-speaking cameo)
- "Rising Tides, Crashing Skies" (documentary)
- "Historical Friction" (cameo)
- "We Are The Crystal Gems" (cameo)
- Along with her co-worker Lars, Sadie is one of the first entirely human characters in either the pilot or main series.
- Sadie and Lars were confirmed by Rebecca Sugar to be some of her first ever characters. "Lars and Sadie were old characters of mine, from college!"
- Rebecca Sugar has confirmed that Sadie likes to eat oyster crackers, which is shown in "Joking Victim".
- In "Coach Steven", Sadie is shown writing in her journal using her left hand, which reveals that she could be left handed.
- Sadie's voice actor is Kate Micucci, a singer and songwriter.
- Sadie states in "Joking Victim", that her job at the Big Donut started as a summer job, but that it has been two years prior to the date.
- Sadie acquired a scar from her struggles on Mask Island in "Island Adventure".
- This detail is carried on to most of the episodes seen after said events.
- Sadie is the first fully human character so far to single handedly defeat a Gem creature as shown in "Island Adventure".
- It is revealed in "Lion 3: Straight to Video" that Sadie's mom still packs her lunches.
- In "Island Adventure", Lars made the first move and kissed Sadie.
- Lars may be jealous of Sadie's friendship with Ronaldo, as shown in "Horror Club" which would hint that Lars might have feelings for her as well.
- Currently, she is the character with most amount of clothes designs in one episode.
- Sadie's last name was confirmed when Mr. Smiley refers to her as "Sadie Miller" in "Sadie's Song."
- This makes them the fifth family's sur-names to be revealed.
- Even though Sadie is a teenager, she is only a little taller than Steven, suggesting her growth may be stunted.
- Lars, Sadie and Steven are the only people that have been seen that work in the Big Donut.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found